Tidal Races & moving waters
6 day paddles to learn, improve your skills in moving waters, tidal races, surf waves and rock hopping, in Golfe de Morbihan and Quiberon coastline
Tidal races & moving waters, Morbihan & Quiberon
- Level 3 (Blue Paddle, 3 Star) or equivalent :
Ability to paddle 6 hours a day, at 3 knots, in wind conditions of Beaufort Force 3 to 4 or Sea State 3 ;
Be rescued and help rescue someone in deep water ;
Rolling is advised but not compulsory ;
- Bilingual course French / English ;
- Fun ! Enjoy yourself, learn news skills and/or train in a tidal environment, tidal races and exposed coasts : paddling and safety and environnemental skills and knowledge.
- 6 days ;
- Monday 13th to Saturday 18th of May 2019;
- Please contact us if you’d like other dates ;
- Golfe of Morbihan and Quiberon coast.
- Agnes Penisson, Planete Kayak ;
- Normal basic personnal equipment ;
- But if settled with the coach, each participant must have his/her own kayak and gear, in approppriate condition and standarts for moving water.
- Helmet ;
- Safety equipment listed on the Pratical Information Letter.
- 450 €.
- 5 people minimum ;
- 8 people maximum.
- 6 Day paddles ;
- Meeting in the campsite at 08:30 everymorning, on the water around 9:30, out of the water by 17:00 but last day at 16:00 ;
- 6 hours on the water per day ;
- Training and exchanges on the water and on shore ;
- Individual tuition as far as possible.
Program : exercices, fun and exchanges
- Skills : paddling skills in moving water, static waves, beach waves, rock hopping conditions ;
- Safety : rolling, towing and rescues in moving or rough water, tidal races, rock hopping conditions;
- Environment : reading sea and maps, plan navigation in tidal races ; local historical and marine heritage.
- Campsite to be arranged by Planete Kayak but at your charge ;
- Meals and food to be arrange by yourself;
- Personnal insurance always adviced for kayak activities .
- Please fill in one form per person, do not hesitate to ask for more information or special need in the last field or by email.
- You will receive an Pratical Information Letter, with camping, meeting points and timing, list of equipment, etc ;
- Please do contact me if you ‘d like more information or check availabilities and level requirements.